Skip to main content

Week 9: Learning Challenge - How to Beat Procrastination

(Image Information: Procrastination -- Do It
Vic Source: Wikipedia)

~~~

Time and time again, I tend to find myself in the same spot. I usually am waiting until the last minute. I have constantly seen the effects of this throughout my life, but I continue to do so anyways. I guess it's a bad habit.

But, after watching this video I realized it was a result of "rewarding myself" because the things I do instead like browsing social media, and watching Netflix, all give impulses of dopamine.

I have heard about the Pomodoro Method so many times, and I think it's time to really put that into effect. Especially because the rest of this semester could really make a difference in some of my classes. 

I hope to build up my strength with the Pomodoro Effect to where the distribution of work time will increase and reward time decrease. This may help me get out of this dependency to wait till the last minute, as always.

A positive outlook, as learned from Growth Mindset, is essential to all of this. I hope to utilize this as I continue with the rest of the semester. 

Comments

  1. Sonali I liked reading about your learning challenge for this week. I think that your honesty about procrastination was really nice. I too struggle with procrastination and making sure that I am working ahead. I have always been a super organized person but I can sometimes be organized till the last minute. I think that rewarding yourself for working hard is so important and is something that really works when trying to motivate yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Welcome to my blog! (Image Information: Gossip Girl Snaevar Source: Wikipedia ) Come follow the adventures of the Ramayana through the eyes of Gossip Girl as she details the events in Ayodhya. Click here . 

An Introduction to Me, Myself, and I

Welcome to my blog! ~~~ (Image information: Personal photo of myself from Camp Crimson - July 2016) ~~~       Hi! My name is Sonali Demla, a junior Chemical Biosciences Pre-Dental major at the University of Oklahoma. I grew up in Lawton, Oklahoma with my little sister, little brother, and my dog Danny! My sister and I currently live together as she also attends the University of Oklahoma, and my little brother is in middle school. We're all really close, but my sister and I are closer than you might think. What do I mean by this? Well, when people ask me an interesting fact about myself, I tell them that my sister and I have the same birthday, except we're one year apart . Yes, an exact 365 days!  Our birthday is actually coming up very soon - January 16th to be exact. It's a nice date because usually it falls on the MLK holiday, so it seems fitting that we get the day off for our birthday. Some people say, "Well, that must suck." I actu...

Week 3 Story: Finding My True Love

                                             (Image Information: Rama and Sita with Gods Fred Miller. Source:  Flickr ) ~~~        It was a wonderful evening in Panchvati, and I was admiring the scenery right in front of me. Sita was out in the river, taking a bath. I was lucky to have her, and I knew she was lucky to have me.        Deep in my thoughts, I noticed something in the front yard. Beyond the trees, leaves, and greenery, there was movement. Someone was there.       It was a woman. I thought I would never see anyone more beautiful than Sita, but this woman in the front yard was gorgeous. When she walked around, her eyes glistened, her teeth sparkled, and she had the perfect womanly figure.       As she approached me, I began to feel nervous. I began to ...