Skip to main content

Time Strategies



(Image Information: Life To-Do List
Tom Ray (2010). Source: Flickr)

~~~

     Just a few short days until the semester begins, and boy, am I unprepared for the impending stress. People use the short phrase "Too Blessed to Be Stressed" as an optimistic way to remember that what you're worrying about now is nothing compared to all the good things in your life! I hope to continue to think like this as the semester goes on. 

    In high school, I was always on top of things, and I passed so many AP exams to receive AP credit. I scored high on the ACT, and I thought to myself, "Wow, I'm gonna ace college, get a 4.0, and graduate early." Reality hit me really quickly, and I soon came to realize that in a pool of extraordinary people, I'm actually pretty average. I still haven't mastered the best way to master college, because if I had, I would've written my own "Sonali's College Survival Guide" post. Every new semester is a new challenge, and this next semester is not any different.

    This semester, besides being in this class, I am enrolled in 14 other hours, doing research, planning CAC Howdy Week as the Chair, beginning my internship, studying for the Dental Admissions Test, and preparing for Dental School Applications. Besides this, I'm hoping to train for a half-marathon and really work on myself at the gym. I have let stress get in the way of working on myself time and time again. Now, I am seeing the effects of that. 

     I think some types of strategies I am going to administer this semester is planning a weekly "block schedule" and also making "to-do lists" everyday. I read some of those articles that discussed how even checking things off a to do list makes you accomplish more. I also read that people took breaks for themselves and went to the gym or participated in a favorite pass time activity. I really want to work on myself and being the best version of myself this semester! After reading the article about the psychology of checklists, I quickly downloaded a Chrome Extension called "Wanderlust". It has a 5 star rating, and seems to be a pretty handy tool. I'll see if this checklist helps me get more organized. Fingers crossed!

     I feel like admitting to this blog post what my plans are going to be is a step forward, and I hope I get the chance to update you all on my progress in achieving my goals! This is probably the biggest year for me, and one of the biggest semesters. I hope you all are able to achieve your goals, while I hope to conquer mine! 

~~~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Welcome to my blog! (Image Information: Gossip Girl Snaevar Source: Wikipedia ) Come follow the adventures of the Ramayana through the eyes of Gossip Girl as she details the events in Ayodhya. Click here . 

An Introduction to Me, Myself, and I

Welcome to my blog! ~~~ (Image information: Personal photo of myself from Camp Crimson - July 2016) ~~~       Hi! My name is Sonali Demla, a junior Chemical Biosciences Pre-Dental major at the University of Oklahoma. I grew up in Lawton, Oklahoma with my little sister, little brother, and my dog Danny! My sister and I currently live together as she also attends the University of Oklahoma, and my little brother is in middle school. We're all really close, but my sister and I are closer than you might think. What do I mean by this? Well, when people ask me an interesting fact about myself, I tell them that my sister and I have the same birthday, except we're one year apart . Yes, an exact 365 days!  Our birthday is actually coming up very soon - January 16th to be exact. It's a nice date because usually it falls on the MLK holiday, so it seems fitting that we get the day off for our birthday. Some people say, "Well, that must suck." I actu...

Week 3 Story: Finding My True Love

                                             (Image Information: Rama and Sita with Gods Fred Miller. Source:  Flickr ) ~~~        It was a wonderful evening in Panchvati, and I was admiring the scenery right in front of me. Sita was out in the river, taking a bath. I was lucky to have her, and I knew she was lucky to have me.        Deep in my thoughts, I noticed something in the front yard. Beyond the trees, leaves, and greenery, there was movement. Someone was there.       It was a woman. I thought I would never see anyone more beautiful than Sita, but this woman in the front yard was gorgeous. When she walked around, her eyes glistened, her teeth sparkled, and she had the perfect womanly figure.       As she approached me, I began to feel nervous. I began to ...