Skip to main content

Reading Notes: Narayana's Ramayana Part D

(Image Information: Rama and Hanuman Fighting Ravana
Anonymous Source: Wikipedia)

~~~

     Part D was full of climax points in the story. Something that really struck out to me was that the Gods both gave Rama and Ravana power. However, Ravana took advantage of the power. Ravana could have been a different person, and a more respected person, if he were to use the powers given by Shiva and other Gods with better decisions. 

     I am still confused about why Sita threw herself into a fire, and I think I will have to research that on my own to find the significance behind it. However, it was also really interesting to read that Rama didn't run to her like you would imagine in any other story where lovers find each other again, but instead he criticized her. I thought about remaking this scene to wear Sita confesses her commitment and eternal love for Rama by maybe showing him a gift or something she crafted throughout the long months while he was away. This would be different than jumping into a fire, but also serve the purpose of the story to prove that Sita only wanted Rama.

     When thinking about remaking this story, I thought about the war between Ravana and Rama. When they started using bows of all different types, it made me think of Pokemon. They were using their "secret cards" that had "secret powers" that the other person didn't have. If I were to rewrite these scene, I think I would take a modern route and maybe either change the items they were using to fight (so, instead of bows) or take a Pokemon approach. It would be weird, but interesting.

     It was sad seeing this book come to and end, because the story went by very quickly. I loved everything about this book, and the simple narration really helped get the stories and their messages across. I am unsure on what story I will be recreating, but I am looking forward to seeing what happens with the story I do decide to recreate. 

~~~

Bibliography: Narayana's Ramayana Reading Guide D
    

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Welcome to my blog! (Image Information: Gossip Girl Snaevar Source: Wikipedia ) Come follow the adventures of the Ramayana through the eyes of Gossip Girl as she details the events in Ayodhya. Click here . 

An Introduction to Me, Myself, and I

Welcome to my blog! ~~~ (Image information: Personal photo of myself from Camp Crimson - July 2016) ~~~       Hi! My name is Sonali Demla, a junior Chemical Biosciences Pre-Dental major at the University of Oklahoma. I grew up in Lawton, Oklahoma with my little sister, little brother, and my dog Danny! My sister and I currently live together as she also attends the University of Oklahoma, and my little brother is in middle school. We're all really close, but my sister and I are closer than you might think. What do I mean by this? Well, when people ask me an interesting fact about myself, I tell them that my sister and I have the same birthday, except we're one year apart . Yes, an exact 365 days!  Our birthday is actually coming up very soon - January 16th to be exact. It's a nice date because usually it falls on the MLK holiday, so it seems fitting that we get the day off for our birthday. Some people say, "Well, that must suck." I actu...

Week 3 Story: Finding My True Love

                                             (Image Information: Rama and Sita with Gods Fred Miller. Source:  Flickr ) ~~~        It was a wonderful evening in Panchvati, and I was admiring the scenery right in front of me. Sita was out in the river, taking a bath. I was lucky to have her, and I knew she was lucky to have me.        Deep in my thoughts, I noticed something in the front yard. Beyond the trees, leaves, and greenery, there was movement. Someone was there.       It was a woman. I thought I would never see anyone more beautiful than Sita, but this woman in the front yard was gorgeous. When she walked around, her eyes glistened, her teeth sparkled, and she had the perfect womanly figure.       As she approached me, I began to feel nervous. I began to ...