Skip to main content

Reading Notes: Narayana's Ramayana Part C


(Image Information: Rama, Hanuman, and Sita
Fred Miller Source: Flickr)

~~~

     Part C was full of unexpected events. I became more aware of how Hanuman played a role in the story Ramayana.

     When I began to think about what I could possibly right a story about, I thought of maybe making the kingdom known for monkeys as a different animal. In Hindu culture, Hanuman is represented as monkey, but what if I made the story to where Hanuman and the monkeys of that area where other animals? I feel like that could make the story a little bit different.

     I also thought about a plot twist in the story. We find that Sugreeva forgets to bring his army to Rama after the season of rainfall is over. It is stated in the book that Sugreeva forgets due to intoxication. However, how different would the story be if I had made it seem that Rama had helped the wrong person? I feel that this big of a plot twist would revolutionize the whole story.

      Additionally, I thought about the recreating the scene where the two brothers fight. I was thinking about what if the story actually had the two brothers make amends, and what that would mean for the rest of the story. There are a lot of changes and differences that would result from this big of a change in the story, but it would be interesting to see how I would be able to recreate that aspect. 

    As I continue to read the rest of this book, I think I may become more aware of the story I would like to recreate. I feel like there are more events that will be coming up that I will definitely want to incorporate into my story. 

     Part C definitely kept me hooked on the new characters, and I am looking forward to see how important their role becomes when the story continues.

~~~

Bibliography: Narayana's Ramayana Reading Guide C





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Welcome to my blog! (Image Information: Gossip Girl Snaevar Source: Wikipedia ) Come follow the adventures of the Ramayana through the eyes of Gossip Girl as she details the events in Ayodhya. Click here . 

An Introduction to Me, Myself, and I

Welcome to my blog! ~~~ (Image information: Personal photo of myself from Camp Crimson - July 2016) ~~~       Hi! My name is Sonali Demla, a junior Chemical Biosciences Pre-Dental major at the University of Oklahoma. I grew up in Lawton, Oklahoma with my little sister, little brother, and my dog Danny! My sister and I currently live together as she also attends the University of Oklahoma, and my little brother is in middle school. We're all really close, but my sister and I are closer than you might think. What do I mean by this? Well, when people ask me an interesting fact about myself, I tell them that my sister and I have the same birthday, except we're one year apart . Yes, an exact 365 days!  Our birthday is actually coming up very soon - January 16th to be exact. It's a nice date because usually it falls on the MLK holiday, so it seems fitting that we get the day off for our birthday. Some people say, "Well, that must suck." I actu...

Week 3 Story: Finding My True Love

                                             (Image Information: Rama and Sita with Gods Fred Miller. Source:  Flickr ) ~~~        It was a wonderful evening in Panchvati, and I was admiring the scenery right in front of me. Sita was out in the river, taking a bath. I was lucky to have her, and I knew she was lucky to have me.        Deep in my thoughts, I noticed something in the front yard. Beyond the trees, leaves, and greenery, there was movement. Someone was there.       It was a woman. I thought I would never see anyone more beautiful than Sita, but this woman in the front yard was gorgeous. When she walked around, her eyes glistened, her teeth sparkled, and she had the perfect womanly figure.       As she approached me, I began to feel nervous. I began to ...