Skip to main content

Week 15: Improvements



(Image Information: Improvement
thinkpublic Source: Flickr)

~~~

I really have enjoyed this class. I think the idea of changing review weeks to planning weeks would be so helpful! The planning week during Week 9 would be especially helpful because this would be about the time midterms are occurring, and this gives us time to consider how the rest of the semester would go in the class 

The planning process was really nice to have on the days that I had no idea what I wanted to write about, but had an idea. I think this would be especially nice when it came to the Storybook. I think I could have done a better job of making the stories more cohesive and coalign with each other if I had some time to send a rough draft planning, get some feedback, and then write the story. 

Creating thematic units would be so nice. I really like the concept of moving into different aspects of the Epics of India as a group. It was cool to visit other pages and see the things people were interested in, but if I didn't know the original story or source of information really well, I couldn't connect with their writing as much. It would be nice to move as a group through thematic units, so then everyone is on the same page. It would be cool to have it like a timeline, where we begin reading older epics of India and make our way up to more modern readings that people continue to read in India today that still have the old epic stories if that makes sense. 

I wish there were more video options! Those were especially nice. Maybe some documentaries, Netflix options, etc? I'm sure there are more films or documentaries out there that talk about the Indian epics in a way we have never seen before! 

I really appreciated that the course was opened earlier than the semester began because it really helped me later on when the semester started to get into motion. Maybe instead of introduction posts, if students don't mind doing an embedded video in a blog post to introduce themselves while also posting underneath it, that would be pretty cool. Since we never actually meet the people in the class, we could also put a face to a name. It would be like a detailed "reading guide". 

Overall, I think this course was really great! I loved my ability to be flexible with my schedule, read things that took my own interest, and put my creative writing skills to use.
Thanks for a great semester, Dr. Gibbs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Welcome to my blog! (Image Information: Gossip Girl Snaevar Source: Wikipedia ) Come follow the adventures of the Ramayana through the eyes of Gossip Girl as she details the events in Ayodhya. Click here . 

An Introduction to Me, Myself, and I

Welcome to my blog! ~~~ (Image information: Personal photo of myself from Camp Crimson - July 2016) ~~~       Hi! My name is Sonali Demla, a junior Chemical Biosciences Pre-Dental major at the University of Oklahoma. I grew up in Lawton, Oklahoma with my little sister, little brother, and my dog Danny! My sister and I currently live together as she also attends the University of Oklahoma, and my little brother is in middle school. We're all really close, but my sister and I are closer than you might think. What do I mean by this? Well, when people ask me an interesting fact about myself, I tell them that my sister and I have the same birthday, except we're one year apart . Yes, an exact 365 days!  Our birthday is actually coming up very soon - January 16th to be exact. It's a nice date because usually it falls on the MLK holiday, so it seems fitting that we get the day off for our birthday. Some people say, "Well, that must suck." I actu...

Week 3 Story: Finding My True Love

                                             (Image Information: Rama and Sita with Gods Fred Miller. Source:  Flickr ) ~~~        It was a wonderful evening in Panchvati, and I was admiring the scenery right in front of me. Sita was out in the river, taking a bath. I was lucky to have her, and I knew she was lucky to have me.        Deep in my thoughts, I noticed something in the front yard. Beyond the trees, leaves, and greenery, there was movement. Someone was there.       It was a woman. I thought I would never see anyone more beautiful than Sita, but this woman in the front yard was gorgeous. When she walked around, her eyes glistened, her teeth sparkled, and she had the perfect womanly figure.       As she approached me, I began to feel nervous. I began to ...